This fall, Frank and I have been enjoying some delicious chili. It’s one of our favorite things to make before watching a movie or hanging out. We based our recipe on a recipe we found on AllRecipes.com, but then made some alterations to make it more k-fam-friendly.
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef (we get 1/2 ground turkey, 1/2 lean beef)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn niblets
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
In a large dutch oven, heat up oil and add onion until tender and then brown meat with onion. Drain grease. Add in remaining ingredients. Mix well, then reduce heat and let simmer covered on the stove for approximately 30 minutes. SOOO good!
We like to enjoy it with cheddar cheese on top and warmed corn bread. YUM! Who doesn’t love comfort food??